Blue light has been scientifically proven to kill the P.acnes bacteria on the surface of the skin that’s most commonly responsible for breakouts. Therefor it has been advised for the treatment of acne prone skin.
Combining colours has been shown to be even more effective for optimising skin health across the board than LED light treatment in isolation, with a fusion of red and blue light producing the most successful outcomes in treating acne and inflammation in particular in a 2015 study conducted by researchers at the University of Chicago.
Near Infra-Red Light
This is the most deeply absorbed wavelength, it increases cell permeability and absorption, smooths lines and wrinkles, improves elasticity, reduces pain and inflammation, accelerates wound healing and heals cystic acne.
What LED devices can I find on Aesthetic Investor ?
How often should I have LED HOME treatments?
Depending on your individual goals, but most people find success using LED as a treatment two to four times a week for a period of 12 weeks.
How long do treatments last?
Most treatments last for about 20 minutes.
What is the downtime?
There is no downtime with LED when it is used as a stand alone treatment.
What skin types can use LED?
LED beauty devices are suitable for most skin types.
Who should AVOID using LED?
- Women who are pregnant should consult their physician before beginning LED light therapy treatments.
- Clients with Epilepsy should consult their physician before beginning LED light therapy treatments.
- You must wait five days after Botox or cosmetic fillers.
- Some Thyroid Conditions.
- People with a history of skin cancer
- Systemic Lupus erythematosus should also avoid this kind of treatment.
- The use of photosensitizing medications (i.e. lithium, melatonin, phenothiazine antipsychotics and certain antibiotics).
- Diseases that involve the retina of the eye (such as diabetes).